The following documents elaborate on, and/or provide context for, the aims of SDG 16:
- Amnesty International, “Sustainable Development Goals: A Practical Guide for National Action and Accountability”, 28 September 2016.
- European Union, “Sustainable development in the European Union: A Statistical Glance from the Viewpoint of the UN Sustainable Development Goals”, 2016.
- TAP Network, “Goal 16 Advocacy Toolkit: A practical guide for stakeholders for national-level advocacy around Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies”, 2016.
- UNESCO, “UNESCO moving forward: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, 2017.
- United Nations, “Getting Started with the Sustainable Development Goals: A Guide for Stakeholders”, December 2015.
- United Nations, “Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, 2015.
- United Nations, “Goal 16 Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels”, 3 March 2016.
- United Nations, “Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: Why They Matter”, October 2016.
- United Nations Development Group, “The Sustainable Development Goals are Coming to Life: Stories of Country Implementation and UN Support”, 2016.
- United Nations Development Group, “Guidelines to Support Country Reporting on the Sustainable Development Goals”, 20 January 2017.
- United Nations Development Programme, “UNDP Support to the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 16: Promote Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, Provide Access to Justice and Build Effective, Accountable and Inclusive Institutions”, 2015.
- United Nations Development Programme, “Goal 16 – The Indicators We Want: Virtual Network Sourcebook on Measuring
Peace, Justice and Effective Institutions”, January 2016.
- Zuber, R., “There can be no sustainable development without peace and no peace without sustainable development”, 2016.